Sunday, March 22, 2009

Introduction: The Journey Begins...


After much procrastination, and repeated prodding from friends, I'm finally getting around to starting this Blog. This will, more often than not, be a semi-educational general rant on the overwhelming stupidity by certain members of the general population. This blog will also contain random observations on other occurrences in my life, because...well, because it's my Blog and I can do what I want.




The majority of my observations will revolve around nightlife, as I've been in the industry, in various capacities, for over 20 years. In that time, I've encountered more than a few examples of how a once small number of self-entitled, self-important uber-douchebags with no sense of personal responsibility have proliferated into their own segment of modern American culture. Since that description is much too long to use repeatedly in this forum, I have decided to shorten it to, you guessed it...Asshats.




These Asshats are a constant source of both irritation and comedy - the tragic and the sublime, if you will. Future posts will chronicle the (mis)behavior of Asshats in general, and specific events and/or actions of the true uber-douche. They'll make you laugh. They'll make you cry. They'll make you want to punch them in the neck. Welcome to my world.




Asshats, like cockroaches or kudzu, have increased to ridiculous numbers. This has been facilitated by several factors. These factors include, but are certainly not limited to: over-indulgent/protective parents, a hyper-litigious mentality in this country, and modern medicine...things like these have led to a breakdown in natural selection. Whereas in previous time periods, the truly lazy/weak/stupid would be removed from the population for doing things like trying to hand feed a mountain lion, or looking up at the sky to "watch the rain" until they drowned, we've padded our world to the point you can't even get a cup of hot coffee from McDonald's anymore. We've, in effect, caused a monumental failure in Darwinism and natural selection.




As stated earlier, I'll also offer personal insight as to what makes me "the Matty". Things that make me happy, sad, angry and confused will be included. I'll also offer, things that are important to me, such as family, honor and the increasing value of regular bowel movements as my age progresses.




If you are squeamish, or easily offended, you should probably not be here. I'll make no apologies for anything written here. It surely won't be suitable for young readers, or complete morons.




That being said...check back, sit back and enjoy the Matty experience.




the Matty

1 comment: